21 June 2010

Update, and a few thoughts

It's been quite a while since i've done a post, reasons (a)i've been reading 'The Old Curiosity Shop' by Charles Dickens and have been lost in it. I always have loved Charles Dickens writings and this one is definitely no exception, therefore i have found myself reading for hours at a time and postponing other things in my life (b)emotionally i have not been doing well lately and so i have been avoiding certain things that i usually take great pleasure in (c)i am still waiting for contact from a friend who is far away and i have not heard from in quite a while, i'm not putting my life on hold while waiting to hear from this friend, but i am getting more anxious by the day since this friend is very important to me.

Just now i'm in the middle of reading an article i came across and was stopped in my tracks when i came across one particular paragraph:

Rebellious men hate the past because it is full of providential meaning, and they hate the future because it is unpredictable and uncontrollable by man. Rebellious men also hate time because it is limited and reminds them of their appointment with death, and they hate eternity because they cannot control it or access it on their terms. But since time is inescapable and since what has happened shapes what is and what will be, rebellious men seek to make God and Christ remote from the present and future by abstracting them from the past.

if you'd like to read more of the article click here

Thanks for reading this post. I will try to be here and post more often, even though right now life is not very easy for me.
I got the news just a little while ago that my Mom is in the hospital for the second time in as many days, I am quite worried, and i'm praying that they'll find out what is wrong and help her get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment