27 May 2010

First Post


   I've been fascinated by blogging for a few years, and this is my first attempt at having my own blog. I spent pretty much the whole day at viewing other blogs to get an idea of what some other people were doing. I haven't decided yet in which direction i want to take my blog. I have many opinions and ideas floating around my head, so i may take a few days at least for me to decide what i want to do with my blog.

  In the meantime(which happens to be the title of a good book that really helped me out in the past) i decided to share a bit about myself. Family is very important to me. I have 4 stepbrothers that i love dearly, and who are quite a bit older than me, and one sister who is only 3 yrs older than me. That makes me the youngest, and even at the age of 32 i am still referred to as the baby from time to time. I also have 9 nephews and 3 nieces.

   I was born in southern Ontario (Canada), but have spent most of my life in Northern Ontario. The small town that i now live in is the place that i call home and where i feel most at home. I did spend a year in Iqaluit (Baffin Island) which was an amazing experience that i am very grateful for.

  I've recently begun re-attending the Church that i chose to be baptized into at the age of 19, effectively and forever leaving the Catholic faith in which i was raised. For the past two years i have wanted to and made efforts to study other religions and to learn what i can about them regardless of mainstream medias views of them or any prevailing opinions, i like to make up my own mind on things after searching out true facts. In each case I've been able to fairly easily identify the reasons that i think these religions would appeal to others beyond the obvious one of being raised in it.

   Recently i've been trying to do a lot of self-analysis to try to figure out why i have made the mistakes that i have in my life. A few of those mistakes i deeply regret, but mostly i believe that our experiences, including our mistakes, shape who we are, and that we should be happy to be who we are. I've recently gotten myself into a situation which could turn out just like the mistake i made 12 yrs ago. I lost an amazing opportunity that would have brought me many blessings by making the wrong decision back then, i hope that i am wiser now and that when the time comes i will make the right decision in this situation that i am currently facing. I'm not trying to be mysterious, but i am trying to be tactful.
   I guess that's enough about me for now, i have some thinking to do and hopefully soon my posts will become much more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment